About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Thursday, September 23, 2010

day sixty-eight: when i grow up.

there are things
i want to see
people i want
to touch
things i want to be
when i grow up

when i grow up
i'll conquer the world
but don't worry
you will hardly notice
because it's just something
some were born to do

i wont let you take my light
you may not steal my life
and squeeze my passion into some
magical potion of a cocktail
you can't have my secrets either
the deepest ones that are hidden
somewhere deep inside this poet

there are things i want
things i want to be
to do
to see
to touch
to enjoy
to be a part of
to be

and i'm not sure if
with or without you is one.
i'm just praying
i'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment