About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Thursday, September 2, 2010

day forty-six: curves.

i have curves
perfect curves
beautiful curves.
theres a curve here--
that touches this one here--
and theres a bend here--
that rolls into this one--
like the foothills
of a mountain range
my body is full of curves
some more prominent than others
there's this one
that is my particular favorite
because i dream that someday
there will be a person growing inside of it
and its a simple, sloping curve,
that gently touches the nurturing parts
of my body and connects them
they are for one purpose:
someday bringing another life
into the world.
some days i wonder how
that curve will grow
because there might be life behind it
someday
to push the curve
make it steeper
make it rounder
make it fuller
make it perfect
that little life
that not even my abundant curves
will contain.

No comments:

Post a Comment