About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Saturday, September 25, 2010

day seventy: i'm alive again.

there's a steady beat
bouncing from the drums
hitting my feet
and wiggling up
to my hips
and my hands
resist the urge
to stand still
instead a sway escapes
a clap sounds
there's something under my foot
that deserves to be stomped on
or maybe my foot just feels like
it needs to express the music on it's own

things like this make me
remember a dream
the dream i had
when i was young
to sing and dance
in front of thousands
to play a violin
like someone before, only better
and with more passion
because music is something to share
so here i am
alive again
swaying to the music
i'm making.

No comments:

Post a Comment