About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Monday, September 13, 2010

day fifty-eight: finding it hard to breathe.

it's been a year
packed to the brim
with change
and unexpected
losses and gains
and it's been a coster
the rolling kind
that keeps your tummy
in your throat
and makes you want
to go again
because your heart
only pumps that way
when you're riding
all the loops and turns
with feet dangling
flying, literally, by the seat
of your pants
that is my day
my month
my year
and i'm still finding it
hard to breathe
in this thick atmosphere
filled with choices
and decisions
that only i shall make
and i can decided
my foolish fate
and i'll make my bed
and jump on it
i'll have my cake
and give it to the homeless
because it's not normal
to never "grow up"
it's not the "norm"
and now the "norm"
is chaos and change
and i'll join the ranks
i'll hop on the coaster
i'll let the adrenaline burst
through my red red veins
and rock the canoe
just to be with you
and to choose on my own
what i'll do
i'm still finding it
hard to breathe
in this decision filled
reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment