About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

day fifty-two: things i cant see.

i've noticed
that i can never love myself
exactly where i am in time
in the present

i look at photos and think
"whoa, i was pretty"
or read old poems and think
"man, i've got a gift"
but i never can look at something,
oh, say myself, in the mirror
and say, "whoa, there. you're beautiful."

i can imagine where i'll be
in ten, twenty, fifty years,
i see happiness
and i think
"oh, man i cannot wait to get there."
i see myself so happy that do not care
what my face looks like
or how big around my thighs are
and i think to myself
"in the course of a lifetime what does it matter?"
and i smile to myself
because i cannot wait to be there.

happy.
with me.

why cant i just be that way now?
something's wrong
with the wires in my brain
when i see a mirror
i see a scowl
i don't think happy
i think "what now?"

there's something blocking
the happy synapse in my brain
from firing this second
instead it's striking back to the beauty
and looking forward to happiness.

help?

No comments:

Post a Comment