About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

day fifty-one: plans?

see,
there are these things
they are called plans
and we've never needed them...
so why
am i trying so hard
to plan
when i let my heart
be yours?

because i'm afraid.

i'm terrified
and i've been told that
that is the point of love
to be terrified of the newness
and the oldness and the perfection that will never be there

to be open to heartbreak
and to help one another

i'm afraid that i'll get lost
i'll lose myself in you
and i wont be able to come out
not whole, not safe, not me.

i'm terrified of
ending up like those before me
of jumping this gun
of ending... us... ever.
of being judged.

i'm basically scared
and i'm finding my faith
and my trust
and my reasons to be brave
just wait,
i'll find them soon
i can feel it in my
shaking hands
there's something just there
just out of reach
something that will make me realize
its okay for me to be

happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment