About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Monday, September 6, 2010

day forty-eight: when i was younger

i was better
at many things
when i was younger

like loving
without question
without wondering
without doubting

like coloring
in coloring books
and not fretting
if a color i needed was missing

like accepting people
my family
my friends
without judging

like pretending
and imagining
(i'm still good
but i used to be great
i remember
but i fear it's a lost talent.)

like being blissfully unaware
of horrible truths
that fog my mind
every single day
of my adult life
things that
i was better at not knowing
when i was young

when i was younger i was better
at being ignorant
(or at least pretending to be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment