About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

day one hundred twenty-one: dear mine.

dear mine,
i am here
waiting for you
not to come "sweep me off my feet"
i can do without the showy
romantic cliches
but to show up in the shadows
and to, maybe, catch me off guard?
i wonder if you really do
even exist?
are you waiting for me to find you?
well, maybe i will.
i wont promise a dream come true
but i can promise to love you
like no other will ever love you.
treat me "right"
love me much
dont neglect the smallest touch
just be there
be around
let me enjoy finding
what i have found
don't expect me to dive right in
i'll be hesitant, at least, my friend,
but i'll be yours if you wait out the storm
and let me walk the tight rope
i'm stringing along
let me walk it for a while
to prove i can walk it alone.

1 comment:

  1. Cousin,
    this is my favorite. You're amazing. It must be in the blood ;) jk. Love you.

    ReplyDelete