About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Friday, November 12, 2010

day one hundred-seventeen: maybe someday i'll stop running.

there might be a day
when i need to catch my breath
(much like to day
it's safe to bet)
that i'll need a second to stop and rest
there'll be a place where i must crash
and maybe a place to burn for a second or two
and there might be a day
that i'll stop running
and doing and being and seeing
long enough to pause and be
just silly little me
maybe someday i'll stop running
long enough to catch my breath...

but i don't see that day,
i'm doubting it'll ever get here
and sometimes i think thats good
others i feel like i'm outrunning time
either way, i think i'm looking for that day
the day i can be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment