About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

day one hundred-fifteen: my puzzle box.

["Solitude is as needle to the imagination as society is wholesome for the character." -- James Russel Lowell]

sometimes i long for solitude
and no one understands
there's something in being alone
with thoughts and feelings
and figuring out what they all really mean
and how they all fit
like a jigsaw puzzle
of a million pieces
all inside the box
that is my brain
and they must be taken out
in solitude and pieced together
one by minuscule one
until a few match up
and fit together
to make a little bit of sense
but solitude doesn't last forever
and into the bustling world i must go
so the pieces may be pulled apart
and hidden away again
only to be shaken up
by the noises and sounds of the days
so i'll live my life
longing for that solitude
or someone to help me piece together
the pieces in my puzzle box.

1 comment:

  1. This poem is excellent! I enjoyed reading it very much as well as all your other poetry, but this one really stands out. I can relate to the solitude you talk about and at least to myself seem to understand what you mean. I love your poetry and hope that you stay inspired to keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete