About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Friday, November 5, 2010

day one hundred-ten: the lover's cry.

"...let him never die..."

oh, how a heart can be torn
twisted, smashed, burned
and still survive,

"...one question haunts and hurts, too much! too much to mention... was i really seeking good or just seeking attention...?"

sometimes the things we wish
for those we hate or those we love
aren't what they need
are only what we want for ourselves
but we're just too afraid to attempt
to change ourselves

"is that all good deeds are when looked at with an ice cold eye?"

so, i'll question my deeds, my actions, my thoughts
i'll look at them from every angle
mix them around, and examine them again
and i'll pray that my good deeds
that my lover's cry
is really what we both need

"somethings i cannot change, but till i try i'll never know, too long i've been afraid of losing love i guess i've lost well, if that's love it comes at much too high a cost!"

so instead of asking you to change
i'll see myself through different eyes
i'll make sure i realize
that i'm really me...

"and if i'm flying solo, at least i'm flying free"

and it's probably best for you,
and, well, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment