About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Friday, October 29, 2010

day one hundred-three: what I'm looking for.

On the quest for understanding

Can you see from where I’m coming,

Where I’m going

Where I’m standing?

Theres a reason

A rhyme

A rhythm in

These footsteps of mine

I’m looking

Searching, longing

To be “gotten”

To be seen and believed

There’s a longing

That is born within

And it will not stop tugging

Until this battle I win

And there’s a riddle

To be solved

Can I be understood

And loved?

I think I can

I feel I should

Somewhat like that engine

That could…

As a child

I was told

To listen and understand

But now that I’m older

It’s not as easy as that

Listening is a step

Understanding is a leap

It’s seeing even deeper than what lies beneath

There’s a muse inside

She lives in my head

And she tells me that some day

I will be understood

But like most poets

It might just have to wait

Until after I’m dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment