About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Friday, October 8, 2010

day eighty-three: the ruiner.

it's funny how
some of the best things
in my life
were ruined by others

but now,
as i've aged
i've become
the ruiner

i watch the movies
i read the books
i see what "love" is
and i know

that i've had
many chances
to "have" this type of
affection

but i've become the ruiner.

i've taken bloody handprints
to Mona Lisa's smile
and i've let children color
on ceiling of the Sistine Chapel

only it's not even that
my sins
are that innocent and
forgivable

i've become the ruiner
of my own happiness
and i hate myself for it
with a hatred as strong
as the hunger that kills it

so, thanks self
for royally screwing up
again and again
i'd hate to see how happy i might be
if i hadn't ruined it all
with my own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment