About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Monday, December 27, 2010

day one hundred sixty-two: the lies we tell ourselves.

to deny yourself
is to alter yourself
to lie to yourself
is to deceive yourself
to deceive yourself
is to believe the lies
that no matter how hard you try to deny
will alter you
turn you inside out
upside down
and shake you for every last penny
i can only go on for so long
lying to myself
because i know that something
something isn't right
there's this feeling in my gut
and in the back of my mind
and last time, as afraid as i was,
i listened
and it came out right in the end
so this time, i'm a little more sensitive
to that Truth coming from behind my brain
somewhere deep within my chest
i will not deny it any longer
there's a certain thing
that i've lied about
believed about
and deceived about
and i'm going to let it out
i will
soon
because that's why i'm so restless lately
there's something that must be said
and it's already on paper, baby,
waiting for your eyes.
be prepared,
because it's coming.
you may need to sit down
take a rest
it's that intense.

1 comment: