About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Friday, December 24, 2010

day one hundred fifty-nine: 1:58 A.M.

i'm outside
1:58 am
the sky
it sparkles
the night
so clear
the darkness
is invisible
i can see
i can hear
everything breathes
the trees sigh
and i must be crazy
but to see the stars
i lie
on my back
on the frozen ground
so frozen that it sparkles, too
it reflects the sky
like water would
and breathes a ghostly breath
and when i lay
beneath the cold silver stars
i lay atop the cold silver blades
of grass that mimics the sky
and it's alright
to be slightly confused
if i'm human or alien
because i'm neither here
nor there
i'm in limbo
i'm thinking
of where i will be
in the near future
and who will find me
and take me up from this deep sleep
in the silver studded sky
on the silver blades of grass
and let me steal their heart
and keep me
with my silver wrapped finger

No comments:

Post a Comment