About Me

My photo
"A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures." The Picture of Dorian Gray

Sunday, August 22, 2010

day thirty five: the baby and the daisy.

there is a picture
on the shelf
with dust
around its frame
who took this picture?
someone with a name.
where was this beauty taken?
i've not been informed
but they whoever took this picture
should be fairly warned:

it makes me happy when i see it,
also it makes me want to cry,
it makes me want to kill someone
it makes me want to die,
it makes me want to hug you,
it makes me want to try
to find the way into your loving,
caring, strong, warm arms tonight.

its a picture of a child's hand
and in it there are flowers
with the purest white petals
and the brightest sunshine yellow center
and they give me hope, these daisies
but they make me sorry too
sorry that i have to spend
even a second without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment